. Azorean Experiences - Flores
Aldeia da Cuada, the recovered village in the Garden of the Azores
Abandoned in the 60s, when its inhabitants emigrated to America, the Aldeia da Cuada was restored by Teotónia and Carlos Silva, who wisely knew how to establish the connection between the hard rustic style of the past and the modern comfort needs of the present when renovating the rural design of the old stone houses. Unhurried, enjoy the sound of birds and the scent of dry hay, fresh grass and laurels with the sweet perfume of the flowers. In a world where scenery takes the breath away, peacefulness will be your most faithful companion.
Day by Day
Day 1 - Flores
Arrival at the airport of Flores and collection of the car.
Day 2 - Flores
On this island you can have an experience of peace, tranquillity, where you can find nature in its savage state, with steep cliffs, numerous lakes and craters, tall waterfalls, small pastures bordered mile after mile of hydrangea hedges, great views and shades of green as you have never seen before. You have the possibility to walk to Poço da Alagoinha, where you have a small lake and you see all the waterfalls from close by (800m walk from the road, around 45 minutes RT, good shoes needed). Don't miss the "Rocha dos Bordões", an impressive lava solidification that created a very high vertical fluting. A lunch box will be prepared for you so you can make a picnic in one of the beautiful spots of this island.
Day 3 - Flores
Free day at leisure.
Day 4 - Flores
Car delivery at the airport.
Included / Not Included
- 3 nights with breakfast
- Car rental as per program description:
- Unlimited Kms
- Insurance SCDW
- Insurance TP
- Insurance WWI
- Additional driver
- Airport delivery & collection fees
- 1 Lunch box per person to make a picnic on day 2 of the program
- Symbolic contribution to social & environmental institutions: Rabo de Peixe Sabe Sonhar & Life Priolo: 1€
- Flight ticket to and from the Azores
- Meals other than those mentioned on the program
- Upgrades to superior rooms
- Supplements to reservations in hotels other than those mentioned in the program
- Car rental extras not mentioned above (Car rental extras in the Details section)
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic some of the entrances and activities on the program may have to be cancelled or done in private (subject to supplements) for safety reasons according to the number of participants. Updated information will be provided with the confirmation of the reservation.
Some entrances and activities on the program may have to be cancelled or done in private (subject to supplements) for safety reasons according to the number of participants.Car Rental Details:
- Car Rental Company: ILHA VERDE
- Necessary documents: ID or Passport, driver license and VISA or similar must be presented by clients at car rental.
- Age of the driver: Minimum 18 and at least one-year license.
- Young driver: drivers aged between 18 and 23 years inclusive: 2,60€ / per day (maximum 26,00€ / per each rental)