.Azorean Experiences - São Miguel
Departures from June 4 2023 to December 24 2023
Sustainable Living Experiences
Come and join us on an Azorean Experience! From beekeeping to dairy farming and traditional fishing, this program has it all!
- Day 1 - São Miguel
Meet and greet at the airport of São Miguel. Assistance for car rental.
- Day 2 - São Miguel
As the experience of the day, we challenge you to taste the Azorean Gastronomy while you visit Ponta Delgadas City center. Have a taste of the Azores and get immersed in surprising flavours and tales! The Azores have been welcoming settlers and travellers for more than five centuries. They brought ingredients and culinary traditions from all over the world, thus creating a unique gastronomy: imagine the rich Mediterranean cuisine mixed with African and American fruits, seasoned with Asian spices! The Ponta Delgada Food Tour explores the downtown of the city, visiting its highlights and exploring the history, food culture and fun stories of the Azores. Participants will enjoy a progressive menu, including fruits, breads, cheese, fish and meat, ending with a homemade dessert. The tour includes eight traditional and modern foods, and two drinks.
- Day 3 - São Miguel
The experience reserved for this day starts at the fishing harbour of the village of Porto Formoso. A genuine experience awaits you on board of an artisanal fishing boat along the northern coast of the island leaving the picturesque village of Porto Formoso. The abundance of sea life makes the Azores one of the most exciting places in the world for the fishing enthusiast. Coastal fishing is a type of fishing along the coast where you can find a wide variety of fish such as barracuda, bluefish, forkbeard, blacktail comber, amberjack, guelly jack, chub mackerel, white seabream, mullet, atlantic bonito, etc. You can also try some fishing techniques according to the kind of fishery at that day. All the way you can enjoy the magnificent colour and scenery given by green island and blue sea. During the 5/6 hours trip you will be side by side with experienced fisherman and all the necessary equipment to the fishing will be provided (gear and safety equipment). Practical information: boat is equipped with all necessary safety and fishing equipment but you can also bring your own gear.
- Day 4 - São Miguel
The experience of this day takes place at the farm Quinta Pimentel, located in one of the most beautiful municipalities of the island of São Miguel, Nordeste. Quinta Pimentel is a family business that opened their doors to everyone who wants to learn about the farm animals at the Azores. The visit to the farm consists of an explanation of the whole process of handling dairy cows, calves and heifers. Visitors have the possibility to moo the cow "Matilde" and have contact with the calves. The visitors are invited to see, pet, and feed the small animals of the Quinta (goats, sheep, rabbits, chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, among others). This farm is part of the program Vacas Felizes (Happy Cows), a milk program that aims to ensure that cows are fed on pastures 365 days a year and with the strictest quality, sustainability and animal welfare criteria. All the dairy products offered to visitors are made from the milk produced on the farm.
- Day 5 - São Miguel
Free day to relax.
- Day 6 - São Miguel
Car delivery at the airport.
6 Days • 5 Nights
Included / Not Included
- 5 nights bed & breakfast
- Meet & greet at the airport of Ponta Delgada and assistance with car rental
- Car Group B as per program description:
- Unlimited Kms
- Insurance SCDW
- Insurance TP
- Insurance WWI
- Additional delivery
- VAT & road service charge
- Airport delivery & collection fees
- Half Day Ponta Delgada Food Tour (approximately 3h30) Hungry Whales
- Traditional Fishing (between 5h/6h) HáMar
- Farm Experience Tour (Experiência na Quinta - around 1h30/2h) - Quinta Pimentel
- Symbolic contribution to social & environmental institutions: Rabo de Peixe Sabe Sonhar & Life Priolo: 1€
- Meals other than those mentioned on the program
- Supplements for private tours
- Upgrades to superior rooms
- Supplements to reservations in hotels other than those mentioned
- The half board price is not valid for dinners on special dates or Gala dinners and may have restrictive conditions. Please consult us
- Car rental extras not mentioned above (Car rental extras in the Details section)
Car Rental Details:
- Car Rental Company: ILHA VERDE
- Necessary documents: ID or Passport, driver licence and VISA or similar must be presented by clients at car rental
- Age of the driver: minimum 18 and at least one year license
- Young driver: drivers aged between 18 and 21 years inclusive: 2.89€ / per day (maximum 28.89€ per each rental)