.Three Island Tour - Sao Miguel / Faial / Pico / Sao Miguel
Join us on this exciting discovery of three of the most beautiful Azorean Islands! We will take you from the breath-taking views of Sete Cidades Crater and its idyllic Lakes to the relaxing thermal waters of the mystical Furnas Valley in São Miguel Island. In Pico Island you will witness the highest Mountain of Portugal while wandering in the UNESCO Heritage site vineyards landscape and in Faial Island you will visit the world renown Hortas Marina and the most recent Azorean eruption site, Capelinhos Volcano, where the dark volcanic rock contrasts with the deep blue ocean. What are you waiting for?
- Day 1 - São Miguel
Transfer from the airport to the hotel.
- Day 2 - São Miguel
Departure to a Half Day Tour to Sete Cidades Lakes by the mountain road, where you get a very nice view of the flat part of the island. Stop at the "Vista do Rei" belvedere. Stop at the village of Sete Cidades. On the way back to Ponta Delgada, visit the pineapple plantations. Free afternoon.
- Day 3 - São Miguel
Departure from Ponta Delgada to a Full Day Tour Furnas by the south road. Stop at the village of Vila Franca do Campo. Arrival in Furnas valley, passing by the lake. Visit to the botanical garden (time for a swim in the thermal natural hot water swimming pool) and the hot springs. Lunch of traditional cozido included. Return to Ponta Delgada by the north coast visiting a tea plantation and Santa Iria viewpoint.
- Day 4 - São Miguel/Faial
Transfer to the airport. Flight to Faial Island (1h). Transfer from the airport to the hotel. Free Day.
- Day 5 - Faial/Pico/Faial
In the morning, transfer to the harbour. Ferry to Pico Island (30 minutes). Full Day Pico: Departure from Madalena through the north coast in direction of Cachorro and Lajido. Continue to São Roque to visit the Whale Factory and the natural swimming pools. Continue by the mountain road towards the lake of Capitão, at 900m. Stop at Lajes to visit the Whalers Museum. Stop for lunch. Continue along the south coast, short stop at Mistérios de São João, then continue to São Mateus to visit the church. Continue in direction of Criação Velha, where Pico's vineyards are UNESCO World Patrimony since 2004. Return to Madalena. Ferry back to the island of Faial. Transfer from the harbor to the hotel.
- Day 6 - Faial
Departure from Horta to a Full Day Tour Faial. It begins heading to the village of Flamengos to visit the Botanical Garden of the Island. Next, the tour heads up to the Natural Reserve of the Caldeira of Faial, surrounded by the blue hydrangeas. It keeps going towards Ribeira das Cabras viewpoint, along Serra of Feteira. Stop for lunch. Descent to the Fajã in Praia do Norte. Visit to the Capelinhos Volcano Interpretation Centre. The Volcano erupted from 1957-1958. On the way back to Horta, quick stop at Varadouro to admire the Morro of Castelo Branco, ending the day in Monte da Guia, already in Horta, to admire one of the best views of the city and the Bay of Porto Pim.
- Day 7 - Faial/São Miguel
Transfer to the airport. Flight to São Miguel Island (1h). Transfer from the airport to the hotel. Free Day.
- Day 8 - São Miguel
Transfer from the hotel to the airport.
Places / InterestsSão Miguel Faial Pico 3 Island Packages Região Autónoma dos Açores
Included / Not Included
- 7 nights bed & breakfast
- Arrival & departure transfers between airport or harbour & accommodations as mentioned on the program
- Half day tour to Sete Cidades with English speaking driver/guide
- Full day tour to Furnas with English speaking driver/guide
- Entrance fee to the Terra Nostra Botanical Garden
- Entrance fee to the Monitoring and Research Centre of Furnas
- Lunch of Cozido
- Full day tour Pico with English speaking driver/guide
- Entrance fee to two museums or one museum and the volcanic cave of Gruta das Torres (the museums are: Whalers Museum and Museum of the Whaling Industry)
- Full day tour Faial with English speaking driver/guide
- Entrance fee to the Interpretation Center of Capelinhos Volcano (closed: on Mondays and bank holidays)
- Boat tickets HOR/PIX/HOR
- Flight ticket PDL/HOR/PDL
- Issuing of ticket 15 days prior to departure
- Cancellation before departure: 50% refund
- Cancellation after departure date non-refundable
- Rerouting after departure: no refund unless due to death of passenger or family member
- Voluntary routing changes after issuing ticket permitted to upgrade to normal fare
- Change name after issuing ticket permitted with penalty
- Symbolic contribution to social & environmental institutions: Rabo de Peixe Sabe Sonhar & Life Priolo: 1€
- Meals other than those mentioned on the program
- Supplements for private tours
- Upgrades to superior rooms
- Supplements to reservations in hotels other than those mentioned
- The half board price is not valid for dinners on special dates or Gala dinners and may have restrictive conditions. Please consult us
The day, route, schedule and mode of transportation are subject to change without notice due to operating conditions
The Tours may have to be in taxi with English speaking driver